- Without the Why, you can’t start to work out the How and When for What. If you don’t know the How and When or not certain about What, then you need Who.
- Your body is going to feel the changes you make. I started to feel a little tired and run down when I first started because my body wasn’t used to it. Stay committed.
- No body is perfect. I chose a long term outcome, which means I can have a soft drink/beer or a meal of steak and chips with gravy or a slice of pizza. I just have it once a month or so. I don’t jog every morning, but I try to be consistent and go each morning that I can. I was aware that come Christmas, I would eat more than I should and eat things I shouldn’t. But I will make sure I will go back to my improved eating habit afterwards.
- Use your doctor; dietitian; expert regularly to help track your outcomes if you have special eating or exercise needs. They are one of your experts to support you through this.
- I only looked at the scales once a month to track my weight loss. I would go crazy looking at it every day or week, as I was going for long term outcomes. I was only losing 3kg per month any way so it would only move gradually.
- My clothes and looking at myself in the mirror were also an indicator to me. I started to notice clothes that were a snug fit starting to be loose. I started to notice my stomach was not as bulging and changes in my body shape. I started to feel tighter muscles in areas I was working out on.
- Take a Before Photo. Including with only your underwear on. I didn’t and as a result I only have some old photo’s to compare. You will be able to see the difference yourself from where people comment on how you have changed. Also take some measurements. My measurements are from when I went to buy clothes.
- You’re going to feel better. From exercising and improving my eating habits I feel far better!
- Don’t under estimate the benefits of Water!
Outcomes From Doing This
I have found now that with exercising, eating better and drinking water I feel better. The exercise creates the endorphin for the pleasure feeling. The water is cleansing to the system and refreshing after exercising. Eating lighter and healthier meals I don’t feel as heavy in the stomach after eating, especially after dinner when I am not as active.
There Is No Perfect Body Shape
Don’t obsess the body beautiful. We are all different, we all have our own unique body shape. So don’t become focused on having the perfect body. The real beauty is not in the body, but in a persons heart and soul!
My goal was to lose weight so I put in place how I was going to do it using why as the reason and the help of who. Now I have reached 75kg the why and how is going to change slightly as I move from weight loss to muscle toning and defining.
When I started to lose weight I didn’t say anything to anyone as it was a personal goal. When I had lost 12kg after 4 months it became noticeable and I was asked if I was losing weight or if I was ill. I told people that I had lost weight. People wanted to know how. So this is why I am writing this article. I am writing it not because I want everyone to know I have lost it, but to let people know how I did it, beginning with Why, so it can help them achieve their goal.
Body Mass Index (BMI)
A way to gauge if you are the right weight for your height is using the Body Mass Index. This is only a gauge as different body shapes will have different characteristics that will affect the outcome. For example, a short muscular person will show as overweight. So use it to help you work out what you need to do.